Leh Ladakh Bike Trip: A Thrilling Road Trip
What about a complete thrilling bike trip to the most adventurous routes in Leh Ladakh? Leh Ladakh bike trip is ‘The Dream Ride’ for every biker all over the world. Exploring each part of the mountains and topography under the proper guidance of experts with ultimate safety and comfort. Your Leh Ladakh bike trip is incomplete without visiting the places and details mentioned below as it will make your trip a successful one with the right key factors in mind.
Pack your luggage and get ready to make your fantasy of riding on the roads of Ladakh come true in this thrilling Leh Ladakh bike trip. Here you will find the fusion of thrill, soothing beauty, culture and tradition of The “Land of High Passes”. The extraordinary thing about Ladakh that makes it distinct from the other mountain regions is the terrain that has mountains, forests, deserts, lakes, rivers, and waterfalls in a single delightful and vibrant geography.
Head to the world’s highest saltwater lake Pangong lake which alters its colour from shades of blue to green to red. Also to the Khardung La Pass world’s highest all season motorable road to witness the elegance of the snow-capped peaks, glaciers & dunes. Don’t forget to visit the well-known Magnetic Hill, a place that resists the law of gravity. Later stay amidst the wonderful valley of peaks and a starlit sky at night. Again, stop by the various popular spots- the intersection of Indus & Zanskar, Hunder, Pangong Lake, Changla etc. Once you complete the trip, the experience will be felt even when you’re back home, your spirit will still be in the mountains, it is an unforgettable experience for any rider.
A blueprint of the route
Leh > Sham Valley > Khardungla > Nubra Valley > Pangong > Chang La > Leh
Passes Covered: Khardung La and Chang La
How to Reach
The simplest way for Leh Ladakh tour is by air. The closest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, located in Leh. It is linked with multiple international airports in India like Delhi, Srinagar, Jammu, Chandigarh, and other common destinations in India.
- Starting Point: Leh Airport
- Ending point: Leh Airport
- Duration of the bike trip: 6D/5N
- Costing: Depends on your package
The package includes
- Comfortable bikes as per the itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off from the airport as per your flight timings.
- Accommodation at all locations on a double and triple sharing basis in standard hotels/camps.
- Buffet breakfast and dinner.
- Sufficient fuel for the whole trip as per the itinerary.
- Ensured Inner line permits and Ladakh Union fee.
- Trained tour leader on a bike.
- Skilled technician for daily maintenance.
- Basic spare parts are available for change during the trip: including tube/rear tube/spark plug/clutch & brake wire/clutch & disc brake pads/engine oil/clutch plate.
- A 4×4 backup vehicle to carry your luggage, spare parts, and extra fuel(if needed).
- Helmets for the rider and the pillion.
- Oxygen cylinder and Basic First-Aid during the trip.
- Arrangement of the bonfire.
- Driver expenses/ Toll Tax/ Parking charges.
Things To Do
- Enjoy Thukpa, traditional Ladakhi cuisine.
- Hang out at Lala’s Art Café for a tall glass of Italian coffee.
- Enjoy river rafting at the world’s highest river-rafting point, Sangam
- Ride the incredible double-humped Bactrian camels found solely at Nubra valley.
- Feast on delicious Maggi at the Khardungla-pass.
- Shop antiques for pals and family at the Leh Market.
Things to remember
- Pay attention to the features of the bike and make sure it’s in a good condition as you’ve to travel through tough roads.
- Decide the route according to your capacities and comfort.
- People with high blood pressure, heart ailments and asthma should avoid this trip.
- You shouldn’t undergo this journey anytime you feel like roads get obstructed due to uncertain weather modifications and it makes routes risky for any kind of vehicle.
- You should never depend only on street sellers for food necessities while riding, you should essentially keep small food items.
- You’ve got to take intervals and breaks to complete your journey.
- You should always stay hydrated. If you want to avoid the hassle of looking for places to buy the water bottle from, then just keep a reusable water carrier which you can also strap on your backpack.
- Keep your safety gear ready for the trip: helmets, knee guards and elbow guards, weatherproof gloves, proper shoes, proper riding jacket, reflective clothing, and sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays.
- Don’t forget to carry your important documents: driving license, bike papers, insurance, registration, etc.